Saturday, March 12, 2005

An American answers an American question


Today, on the Democratic Underground Forum, a question was raised:

Seriously - What Makes America "The Greatest Nation In The World"? (by matcom )

One answer stood out to me:

"We are not the best educated
we are not the most free
we do not have the highest standard of living
we do not have the greatest life expectancy
we do not have the lowest infant mortality rate
we do not have the best health care system
we are not the safest
we do not have the lowest crime rate
we do not have the lowest murder rate
we are certainly not the most respected or loved nation
we are not the most honorable
we are not the most trusted
we are not the most generous

How ever we are the best consumers and polluters
We are the most arrogant
We are the best at waging war

Does this make me unAmerican? No.

I would love to see our country once again be what it once was. We were once respected and loved by the world. I want to see us return to our former glory." (reply by bowens43)

I could add many more items to both lists, but it would only stand out as if i was blatantly anti-American!! I am not. However I am anti-Bush, whole-heartedly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home