Monday, July 11, 2005

A system gone crazy

Stephen Elliott
"And Then There Was A Knock"


Fine, we locked up some very old people for a few weeks, what's done is done. But are we really going to deport them? I mean, can't we, as a society, just apologize, send the old people home, scarred but still alive. Are we really going to deport Hindus to Afghanistan? After eight years? Their whole family in America and no reason to suspect them of anything. Is this what America has become? Are there no checks and balances for this broken system?


Fascism closer in the US by the hour!!

'First they came for the Communists

'First they came for the Communists,
but I was not a Communist,
so I said nothing.
Then they came for the Social Democrats,
but I was not a Social Democrat,
so I did nothing.
Then came the trade unionists,
but I was not a trade unionist.
And then they came for the Jews,
but I was not a Jew,
so I did little.
Then when they came for me,
there was no one left to stand up for me.'

Pastor Martin Niemöller

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home